Christmas Day 2010 has fallen on a Saturday, so the Christmas Day public holiday here at Melbourne Pizza Delivery is today, Monday. It’s almost like having Christmas Day all over again!
So because of this strange circumstance, I thought I could take the traditional roast turkey Christmas dinner and try putting it on a pizza, just for something a bit different.
Here’s what I came up with…
Turkey On A Pizza
There’s nothing like some cranberry sauce combined with turkey at any time, so that’s the obvious choice to go on the base of the pizza.
Here are all the ingredients you will need for my Christmas Turkey Pizza:-
- 200g Dough ball, rolled and ready
- 2 tablespoons Cranberry sauce
- 75g Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 100g Turkey breast, cooked and thinly sliced
- 40g Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 40g Brie cheese, sliced
How To Make The Christmas Turkey Pizza
1. Preheat the oven to 250C for 30 minutes.
2. Spread the cranberry sauce quite thinly over the pizza base
(too much sauce will overpower the taste and make it more
like jam on toast).
3. Cover with the grated mozzarella cheese.
4. Arrange the slices of turkey around the pizza, then the slices
of onion over the top.
5. Lastly, place the slices of brie randomly around the pizza.
6. Put it in the oven and cook at 250C for 7-10 minutes.
7. Remove when cooked, cut into slices and serve.
Have a Merry Christmas, and a safe and Happy New Year!